Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mystery Hangout with Springdale, Arkansas

Another week, another hangout - I do like the sound of that! I have four planned hangouts before the semester is over in early June and I'm looking forward to them all. I'm so amazed at how teachers across continents easily come together in forums and e-mails to quickly decide to "meet up" through Google Hangout or Skype. Talk about "No walls" in the classroom!!! :)

Today I had some students stay after school to hangout with Lakeside Junior High School in Springdale, Arkansas, USA. There was a mixture of 7th, 8th and 9th graders in the classroom as we took on the task of finding out their location. Tricky at first, but some of my students can also distinguish an American accent and they soon figured out that we were in the US. Brian Johnson led the Lakeside students through our yes/no-questions and the students seemed to have some common interests, not being so interested in sports being one of them. We had a great time with this hangout and the word that came up a few times was "awesome"!








No comments:

Post a Comment