Sunday, April 26, 2015

Peek of the week 17 - Tongue twisters

Tongue twisters...basically alliterated phrases, sentences, that you recite quickly for effect. I love them!! Here's a few of my favorites - knock yourself out!:


1. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. 
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?



2. Betty Botter bought some butter;
“But,” said she, “this butter’s bitter!
If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter.
But a bit o’ better butter
Will but make my batter better.”
Then she bought a bit o’ butter
Better than the bitter butter,
Made her bitter batter better.
So ’twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit o’ better butter.


3. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck

If a woodchuck would chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck
If a woodchuck would chuck wood.




No comments:

Post a Comment