Sunday, May 10, 2015

Peek of the week 19 - Mission US

At the moment in my year 9 we're working on a project called "The USA - I have a dream". Among other things, the project includes learning about US history and then especially about the slavery and the Civil Right Movement. Mission US is a good interactive way of learning more history and I see it as a complement to the other material we have. There are four missions: For Crown or Colony - about life in the late 1700's and the Revolutionary war, Flight to Freedom - about a young teenage slave girl fighting slavery, A Cheyenne Odessey - the life of young Indian boy in the 1800's and City of Immigrants - about Lena, a Russian immigrant, and her starting a new life in the early 1900's in the US. I'll try it with my students next week.


http://www.mission-us.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment