Thursday, July 30, 2015

Reading and listening - ESL Bits

Slowly I'm phasing myself into work again after a wet summer here in the south of Sweden. Next week I'll sit down and do some planning for the coming school year, but I know for sure that I'm going to use ESL Bits again for some reading and listening. ESL Bits is a fantastic page where you can access short stories, novellas, songs and audiobooks for free. Yes, for free.

Right now I'm looking at a short story called "The Elephant Vanishes" by Haruki Murakami and I'm thinking of including this short story somewhere in the beginning of the semester as a reading exercise for year 8 or/and 9.

Another interesting short story is  "You're ugly, too" by Lorrie Moore ...haven't finished reading it yet, but I really liked the beginning....promising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment