Questions about characters/actions/the movie:
1. The girls in Foxfire are very different, but despite that they are drawn to the gang community.Why, do you think? What is it that they find in Foxfire that they are missing in their lives?
2. Which of the actions and protests of Foxfire are reasonable and good? Do they ever cross the line of what is acceptable? When is the line crossed?
3. In Foxfire there are several guy gangs, but Foxfire is the only girl gang. How is Foxfire different from the guy gangs?
4. Describe the main characters (Maddy, Legs, Rita, Goldie, Lana, Snow White). What are their stories?
5. In Foxfire there is hardly one sympathetic man. Is that a problem? Why/why not?
Society/Looking at the world - questions for discussion:
6.The men that the girls hook up with and mug; are they innocent? Or are they automatically guilty from the fact that they are men and therefore part of the oppressive, patriarchal system?
7. Give examples of how oppression of women, racism, and anti-communism is illustrated in Foxfire. Do all women and black people have the same low status or are there differences between various groups? What are the differences?
8. What similarities and differences are there between the USA at that time and Sweden of today? Choose one similarity and one difference that you think are very obvious and describe these in detail. What could possibly happen in Sweden today and what would be unthinkable? Why, do you think?
9. Is it ever acceptable to break the law in order to achieve something that you think is very important?( that is, is it the end that justifies the means?)
10. Imagine that the gender roles were the reversed in Foxfire -- that the main characters were guys who protested against how they were being treated. How would that turn out? How would the world react to such a gang? Would they treat each other differently than the girls in Foxfire?
11. How do the boys in our class feel after watching this film, do you think? Do they feel wrongly accused? Is it still possible to feel for the girls in Foxfire?
Source: http://www.sfi.se/PageFiles/25108/FoxfireBpD4.pdf, translation by me