I am taking a week or two off from work and I will be back here in the beginning of January. Until then - Happy Holidays!
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Friday, December 16, 2016
Final lesson and what is better than to focus on some small talk (interaction) while decorating gingerbread cookies. Very Christmassy! An informal, creative, cozy and fitting end to a great semester!
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
On Monday my students in NA16F finished their studies on female short story writers and one part was to - in their study groups - gather information about one female writer and additionally summarize one short story by the same. The questions to be answered were:
- Where and when was she born? Include a photo of the author in the presentation.
- Where did she live growing up?
- With whom did she live during her childhood?
- When did she decide to become an author?
- Has she won any awards?
- What kinds of books has she written? (Themes in the books?)
- Summarize the short story you read by the author and tell it to the audience.
- Comment on how easy/difficult is was to find information about the author. What sources have you used? Were your sources reliable? Why/why not? Include a list of sources at the end of the presentation
The students worked with a joint Google Presentation and made an oral presentation in addition. Here are some of their presentations:
Monday, December 5, 2016
During two weeks my students have worked on making instructional grammar videos for the target group: year 6/7 in school. Here is a taste of some of them...more will come:
Friday, December 2, 2016
Yesterday we Skyped with Benjamin Lannen and his students from Melbourne, Australia. We were able to kind of quickly guess that they were from Australia (due to their accent) but it was a bit trickier locating their city. However, after a while it was revealed that they were in Melbourne in the south-east. Among other things, the students learnt what Lamingtons and Tim Tam's were....and it's all good! :)
|Showing us what Tim Tam's are|
|Anna, Aphinya and Soleman asking questions|
|After having figured out that they are in Australia|