Monday, June 15, 2015

Digital tools for educators and students

Today I dove into an ocean of web sites, apps and other digital tools during my study day. I'm looking to refresh my digital skills and I had lots of ideas pop up today, while looking at some old and new web pages. Here I've tried to collect many of the ones I was introduced to today and I've also commented on some tools that I've used myself, at least a few times.

Digital tools for responses/quizzes/surveys/exit tickets: 
(* = my favorite ones right now)

AnswerGarden    *



A web whiteboard

GoSoapBox

Kahoot     *

MeetingWords

Mentimeter

Padlet

Socrative     *



TodaysMeet

Tricider    *

Voto


Other digital tools for education (for formative assessment, podcasts, presentations, storytelling ...):

Animoto

Canva - love to make posters with this one...

ClassDojo



Coggle

Flipgrid

Geddit

Inklewriter



Jing

LetsRecap

Lino

Lucidchart

Movenote

Nearpod

Pearltrees - this is where I collect my favorite web pages...

Pixton

Plickers

Podbean

PodOmatic

Popplet



Powtoon - I've made a few videos using Powtoon, it takes time, but works well!

Prezi- make presentations in an easy way

Puppet Pals

Rubistar - make your own rubrics

QuickCast

Quizalize

Screencast -o-matic - I've used this one to record instructional videos for my students - easy to use when flipping the classroom

Screenr

Sock Puppets - animation

Soundcloud

Storybird - write stories

Storyjumper

Tagxedo

Tellagami

Thinglink - great! I love this one!



Thinkbinder

Tweetping - this one I'll use when the next school year starts....tweets as they happen...

Twitter - you'll find me @PernillaElma

Zaption

Videoscribe

Vocaroo

Voki

Wordle

Wordsalad




 Is your favorite educational web page/app not here? Please, let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you used the day and learned together with us! I learned a lot from you! Sommerschool for teacher is great! http://ingenkunskaptynger.wikispaces.com/Sommarskola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot from you - and it's great to just be able to sit and do your own thing - learning by doing, for sure! Thank you Johnny! :)

    ReplyDelete